AOS: GENERAL'S HANDBOOK 2020 (ENGLISH)
The essential 2020 General’s Handbook updates the core ruleset to enhance your games of Warhammer Age of Sigmar. No matter how you like to play, there’s something in here for you. The Warlord Edition contains the updated book, plus loads of helpful gaming accessories.
Exclusive Warlord Edition Content:
- 12 large Pitched Battle battleplans
- 6 large Meeting Engagement battleplans
- 7 large Realm of Battle cards
- 48 cardboard tokens, including: 2 Summoning Rulers, 6 Objective Markers, 6 Command Point Tokens, 6 Battleshock Tokens, a Mystic Shield Token, 3 Starstrike Markers, and loads more
- 3 small Triumph cards
- 18 small Auxiliary Objective cards
Inside this year’s softback General’s Handbook, you'll find…
The Player’s Code – a set of guidelines to follow, ensuring that each player has a fun and rewarding experience.
New Open Play Rules:
- Skies of Slaughter – Take the fight to the air with high-flying battles amidst the clouds. These rules were previously published in White Dwarf, including five battleplans (called Skybattles), new warscrolls for using flying monsters and engines of war in Skies of Slaughter, and campaigns to link your games together.
- Open War Coalition Battle Generator – Play multiplayer games, with each side split into teams. You'll fight alongside your teammates to win, but each player also has their own secondary agenda to complete. The new suite of rules and random generator tables will ensure no two games are the same.
New Narrative Play Rules:
- The Whisper Engine – Battle for control of a map in a linked campaign between 4 to 7 players.
- Team Battle Special Rules – Expanded rules let you play games with more than 2 players, specially designed to work with Whisper Engine campaigns – including rules for using a neutral Games Master!
- Coalition of Death – Use the Team Battle rules and this set of 3 battleplans to create memorable multiplayer experiences.
- The Anvil of Apotheosis – Create a bespoke Hero to lead your armies, conquer the Mortal Realms, and carve a name for themselves.
New Matched Play Rules:
- Updated Pitched Battles for the 2020 season – Get guidance on army size, points limits, battlefield roles, allied units, warscroll battalions and more, essential for tournament play.
- 12 Pitched Battle battleplans – Mix up your games with a new set of strategic challenges.
- Meeting Engagements – Play fast, balanced games on small-sized battlefields designed to provide all the thrills of matched play in less than 90 minutes, including six new Meeting Engagement battleplans and suggested tournament rules.
- Pitched Battle Coalition of Death – Play two-on-two games for one-off battles or tournament use.
- Coalition Matrix – This chart breaks down the interaction between all 24 of the existing factions within Warhammer Age of Sigmar. Some armies make for better allies!
- Realm of Battle Rules – Discover rules to represent each of the Mortal Realms in your games, including potent artefacts of the realms and Realmsphere Magic
- Matched Play Auxiliary Objectives – Check out 18 new and updated objectives for the 2020 season.
- Conquest Unbound – Find tournament packs for Pitched Battles, Meeting Engagements, Coalition of Death, and Team Format Battles.
- Open War Army and Terrain Generators – Challenge yourself with a randomly generated army on a randomly generated battlefield! Let the story write itself.
- Pitched Battle Profiles – This separate, 32-page booklet contains pitched battle points values, unit sizes and battlefield roles for the units you can use in games of Warhammer Age of Sigmar, as well as scenery, endless spells, Compendium and Forge World models.
Item ships on 11 Jul 2020